How do I get a policy started?
If you are not currently with the New York State Insurance Fund:
- Call 1-800-342-4143 for a premium quote or complete the form below.
- A quote and application packet will be emailed to you, if eligible.
- Download and complete NYSIF Workers’ Compensation application, Group Authorization and NYFB Memorandum of Understanding. Or, an electronic application can be submitted. Signature and payment must be made electronically.
- Applications must be postmarked before the desired effective date of coverage.
- Send the complete application packet and premium deposit check (made payable to New York State Insurance Fund) to:
Member Services Inc.
159 Wolf Road, Suite 300
Albany NY 12205-0330
Note: New York Farm Bureau Member Services Inc. cannot bind coverage. Typically, coverage is effective the day after the completed application and deposit are received in this office. However, only the insurance carrier, the New York State Insurance Fund (NYSIF), can bind coverage and confirm the effective date of coverage.
If you are currently with NYSIF, contact our office at least 30-60 days prior to the anniversary date to see if your policy is eligible for transfer into NYFB Safety Group 486. (If eligible, simply sign and return the Group Authorization and Memorandum of Understanding 30 days before the anniversary date. The policy will then be transferred into NYFB Safety Group 486 and the policy issued from the current anniversary date to the Group anniversary date of December 31.)