Young Farmers and Ranchers
New York Farm Bureau's Young Farmers & Ranchers are agricultural producers and enthusiasts 18-35 years old who are…
Growing Through Action
- Acquiring cutting edge information through participation in educational conferences
- Building a network with fellow young farmers and agricultural enthusiasts
- Earning recognition for their achievements in business excellence and leadership success
- Continuing their professional development and personal growth
Leading Through Service
- Providing workable solutions for issues affecting agriculture
- Influencing public policies that affect agriculture now and in the future
- Stepping up and telling the story of agriculture
- Serving their communities by volunteering and making a difference
The New York Farm Bureau's Young Farmers & Ranchers (YF& R) Program has identified two basic needs of young farmers: Leadership and Social. There are three groups of young farmers that participate in programs & activities: Young Farmers – Single/non-parents, Young Farmers with Families and our Young Farmers youth programs (FFA/4-H/Collegiate Students). The NYFB YF&R Program works with these identified young farmer needs and target groups to develop future programs and activities.
To assist county Farm Bureau YF&R committees in developing programs, a Young Farmers & Ranchers Program Guide is available.